From time to time we have vacancies at our popular attraction. Please see below for any current opportunities we have available.
To express an interest in our seasonal vacancies please send a current CV to email@example.com
Event/Educational Coordinator – Skegness Aquarium
Start date – ASAP
Working hours, flexible dependent on group visits
The Event/Educational Coordinator role is based in Skegness at the Skegness Aquarium
Skegness Aquarium has been open 4 years and in that time has grown to become one of the best-loved and most unique attractions on the East Coast of England. Skegness Aquarium is a popular destination for educational and group visits mainly schools within a 2-hour drive of the town.
The role of Event/Educational Coordinator is a key position in the business ensuring the smooth running of group visits to the Aquarium.
The person occupying the role should be able to contact schools and groups throughout the region as well as coordinate and conduct the visits at the aquarium.
The successful candidate will need to maintain and build upon the positive feedback whilst growing the number of visits that take place.
Create age-appropriate educational workshops/lessons.
Deliver a fun and engaging workshop/lesson to large groups max 30 people.
Maintain contact with all schools in the region via mailers, emails, telephone, social media.
Help create and implement marketing plans within the region.
Have an understanding of or able to find out about the national curriculum.
Should have some experience presenting workshops or lessons in an educational environment.
Good project management skills and attention detail.
Strong communication skills ideally with some people management – but not essential.
An understanding of social media would be advantageous – but not essential.
Would suit someone with teaching, training or presenting experience.
Must have the energy and attitude to help grow this sector.
Email CV and with a letter of introduction letter to
Richard Longworth – Head of Operations – Skegness Aquarium
Email – AquariumSkegness@gmail.com
Assessment of CV
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Skegness Aquarium for an experienced Aquarist to join our passionate and busy team.
As an Aquarist, you will play a vital role in maintaining the exhibits to the highest possible standards and ensuring that they surpass the expectations of our visitors, with animal welfare as the priority. You will also be encouraged to come up with exciting new ideas and concepts for our displays, improvements to husbandry and conservation work.
Skegness Aquarium is set in an interactive Treasure Island themed environment and is home to an interesting and varied collection of tropical marine, native marine, tropical freshwater and terrestrial species with scope to introduce new species and further develop or redesign displays in the future.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Daily husbandry tasks and maintenance of displays
• Maintaining the highest standards of animal welfare and striving to constantly make improvements
• Monitoring animal behaviour and health
• Ensuring compliance with our site’s policies and protocols to ensure the highest standards of animal welfare
• Delivering basic veterinary care & treatments under guidance from the Senior Aquarist, Curator and vet.
• Life support systems maintenance
• Daily record keeping
• Guest interpretation and interaction
• A keen passion for the aquatic world and it’s conservation
• Minimum one years’ experience working within the aquarium industry but this can be a voluntary experience
• Experience of tropical marine aquatic husbandry and basic knowledge of aquarium life support systems
• Proven ability to work under own initiative with high attention to detail but also a strong team player
• Good communication skills and personable
• Confidence speaking in public and interacting with visitors
• Excellent record keeping skills and some knowledge of the British zoo licensing procedure
• Passionate about delivering the highest standards throughout the work environment
• Be able to relocate within 30 minutes of the aquarium
• Qualification/degree in marine biology, animal care or similar
• DMZAA would be beneficial
• Dive qualifications of minimum PADI Rescue Diver or equivalent, and be able to obtain an HSE Dive Medical
• Experience in providing basic veterinary treatments and care under Vets’ and Curator’s guidance
• Experience and knowledge of basic plumbing
• Experience working with corals and terrestrial invertebrates, amphibians and reptiles
• Experience developing conservation initiatives
This is a full-time position with a minimum of 40hrs per week for a competitive hourly rate as you may be required to work over the minimum of 40hrs at peak times. This includes working regular weekends, bank holidays and school holidays as well as being on call for out of hour emergencies and working sometimes early or late to meet business and animal care demands.
Benefits include a pension plan, 28days holiday including substitute bank holidays and free entry or discounts at other Teenspirit Ltd. attractions.
For more information please contact, or to apply send a CV and cover letter to:
Alex Wright – firstname.lastname@example.org
Skegness Aquarium, Tower Esplanade, Skegness, Lincolnshire, PE25 3HH.
Due to the high number of applicants, we regret that only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.