Shark Dive Experience
Join the Crew and take the plunge!
Immerse yourself in one of Lincolnshire’s most adrenaline fuelled experiences with a Skegness shark dive experience. Interact with gracious bat rays and fearsome black tip reef sharks whilst our curious zebra shark comes over to check you out. Here at Skegness Aquarium we offer guaranteed close up animal encounters all under the watchful eye and tutelage of our expert instructors. All introductory experiences include tuition and equipment, however, if you are an experienced diver looking for a dive away from the cold quarries, then bring your gear along and join us in our very own tropical environment.
Dive in our Sunken Hold exhibit, which is home to sharks, rays and shoals of tropical fish, as well as the wreck of the famous schooner from Treasure Island – the Hispaniola.
The Shark Dive Experiences take place every Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday starting at 10am or 2pm, upon booking you will be given your allocated time slot to arrive. Due to the high demand for this experience, booking is subject to availability.
How to book:
All equipment provided.
*Equipment provided at additional charge.
INCLUDED IN YOUR SHARK DIVE
If you are aged 10 and above (under 10’s can experience snorkelling in the Animal Encounter Experience) you can experience what life is like under the waves alongside one of the apex predators of coral reefs, blacktip reef sharks, as bat rays glide above you and unicorn fish swim past.
Dive briefing and training is held in our purpose-built training pool, with baby sharks, and delivered by expert instructors. This will allow complete novices to gain the necessary scuba skills to dive in our exhibit safely. Your shark dive experience includes:
- Hire of all well-maintained, inspected and safe equipment (additional charge applies for certified divers).
- A two-three hour experience, with a maximum of 30 minutes of that spent inside our Coral Ocean display
- Aquarium entry for the dive experience participant and 1 accompanying spectator. Each diver qualifies for 1 free per person with each additional spectator charged at £5 rather than the standard £9.95.
- Suitable for complete novices
- Experience close encounters with our sharks and batrays
- Day and times booked are subject to change based on booking numbers and availability.
- Once you have booked you will need to email your booking order number, date and time, and name of diver to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure you take a screenshot of the booking page as proof of booking to present on the day. Download the appropriate dive paperwork needed from the ‘Documentation’ section below. On the day ensure you bring along both the SCREENSHOT and the completed DOCUMENTATION.
FOR THE SPECTATORS
Additional spectators are free to arrive at any stage in the day along with the dive experience participant(s). All spectators are free to visit the Skegness Aquariums many attractions while the divers are conducting their training and dive experience.
Please be aware that divers will not be getting into the sunken hold exhibit until the earliest approx time of either 11.30am or 3.30pm depending on morning or afternoon start. Skegness Aquarium cannot be held responsible for any long waits that maybe be perceived as unnecessary. The majority of the experience is governed by the pace at which the participants take key information on board.
CONTINUE YOUR SHARK DIVE EXPERIENCE?
Get your PADI open water certification with Stellar Divers 5 star dive centre, working in partnership with Skegness Aquarium.
Call or email Stellar Divers to enrol on your next adventure.
If you’re already a qualified diver then you can still join in organised trips and events.
Call 01522 703116 or mail email@example.com
We also have our unique course available “Skegness Aquarium Photography Diver."
For certified divers only, the price is £215 and includes 2 dives in the ‘Sunken Hold Exhibit’, materials and certification and also lunch.
CORPORATE DIVE EXPERIENCE
For the organisation which is looking for the ultimate team building activity, Skegness Aquarium allows you to set ice-breaker activities all from the comfort of the Sunken Hold Exhibit.
Use the adrenaline fuelled dive experience to improve communication and teamwork within your ranks, you might even find that a day with our sharks, rays and tropical fish will improve the wellbeing and disposition of your staff.
There is the possibility that the dive experience will open eyes to a broader and a more wet/fishy underwater world.
Special events such as these can be tailored to suit individual business needs.
Please enquire on the details provided above to find out more.